Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Good Attitude

"Attitude is your thought life turned inside out."
Joyce Meyer
Yesterday I started my morning by listening to Joyce Meyer speak about the importance of maintaining a good attitude. I have to confess that too often my inner thoughts dwell on what I am worrying about. Being often alone and homebound, I can find myself struggling with negative thoughts or dwelling on how I am feeling. If someone were to ask, I would say I have a good attitude most of the time....but Joyce Meyer's quote above gave me pause. Does my attitude reflect my inner struggle with worry?

I chuckled when she asked her audience what song was "theirs" of the four she named:
"Make the World Go Away"
"Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"
"I'll Do It My Way"
"Oh, What A Beautiful Morning"

I could claim all four at different times in my life...sometimes all four in just one day! I expect we have all felt this way at some time or another. Ephesians 4:23 gives us an idea of how to keep an attitude of gratitude, no matter what comes our way. "Be constantly renewed in the spirit of ourminds...." (Amplified). Yes, the Bible gives us the tools we need to be able maintain a good attitude. And with the renewal of our minds ~ including a positive attitude, we will be able to sing more about beautiful mornings than raindrops!
Renee

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Gorgeous thoughts today Renee! Just what i needed to see too .
AMEN!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin