Saturday, December 12, 2009

6 Words

As Long As There's a Christmas
The first few lights glow brightly,
as you watch the season start.
You know you should be happy,
but don't feel it in your heart.
Instead you think about a time
when someone laughed with you,
and the love you shared then filled your soul.
But too soon it was through.
So Christmas comes with sadness,
and a yearning deep inside,
a thirst for love and peace
and hope that will not be denied.
Late one night you hear a voice,
so soft, and without blame,
and then, surprised, you realize,
He's calling you by name.
"I know your hurt and loneliness,
the heartache that you bear.
I listen and I cry with you
through every single prayer.
"I promised in the manger
and fulfilled it from the cross.
I built a home that's filled with love
for all those who are lost.
"So let me come and heal your heart
and give you rest within.
For my way is kind and gentle
and will bring you joy again."
His words still echo through the years,
a vow that He made true,
"As long as there's a Christmas,
I will be in love with you."
--Jack Zavada

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very beautiful!

Mollye said...

Hi Trudy, Glad you stopped by and your story is amazing. Aren't we so blessed to have Him as our Savior. Merry Christmas and Peace to you and yours, Mollye

King of New York Hacks said...

Truly brilliant. Thanks for sharing tthat. Happy New Year !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin