Thursday, December 11, 2008

When Life Is Difficult, God Is Rock Solid

Everyone has had difficult times, disapoinments, worries, anxieties, stresses and loss. We may often feel that God has forgotten us. I am here to tell you in this post today, that He never forgets you. When you take one day at a time and you are not focussing on the worries, the stresses, you will open your eyes to all the beautiful blessings that have come your way. Sometimes our anxieties get in the way and we can not see how truly blessed we are. When we wait upon God to do His work instead of trying to resolve what we are going through quickly, we will find that the anxieties and frustrations we have will begin to fade. We need to remember what the bible tells us
*wait upon God in prayer
*wait upon God with patience...(this is hardest for me)
*wait upon God with trust
*wait upon God for His guidance
That doesn't' mean you have to just forget about everything and wait passively for God to take over. It means, you wait righteously, you wait joyously and you wait actively. Show Him you trust in him. I have a story I will share with you. I am a foster mom, and we had a beautiful baby placed with us when she was only 3 days old. When she was 11 months, she left us to be with her forever family. I was so angry with God. I yelled at Him, I doubted His existence. I said, "Lord, how could you take her away, when we love her so". I even asked for a sign of His existence. Fast forward a year later, almost a year to the day that baby "T" left us, we had not one but two precious babies placed with us. Not through foster care, but that is a different story.
I truly believe God knew these two children would need a home, and He knew if we had baby "T" there would be no way we would have been able to open up our hearts and our home to these babies. It took a full year. I did not always wait with trust or patience. However I never gave up praying. Does that take my hurt away from losing "T". No , absolutely not, but I believe that I needed to go through that. God has his reasons.
" Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield"
Psalm 33:20

2 comments:

Terri said...

Very beautifully written! And comes at a time when I truely needed it! Thanks for the reminder!

debi9kids said...

Beautiful post Lisa! Exactly what I needed to read today....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin