Thursday, September 30, 2010

Be Still...

I haven't been around here in quite a while to do a post but God has put this on my heart to share. My husband and I are working out a big decision for our family right now, which consists of the two of us and our 5-month old son, Benjamin. As we continue to pray, study God’s Word and seek His will in our decisions….these words have been such a wonderful comfort to me.



Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorite Bible verses, which can be found in many places throughout our home. We have a gorgeous print with this Scripture on it that my husband bought me for our wedding. He really surprised me with it too but I will have to come back another day with that story and a picture of our print. There are many times when I really do have to just sit back and ‘be still’, so it is a welcome reminder as I stroll through the apartment and see these words in different places. As we continue along in the process of our ‘big decision’ these words have become even more important to me as I seek to discern God’s will in all of this. I just need to be still and know that He is God! Let me tell you, does that ever take a load off…I don’t have to figure it all out, He’s already done that work. He has gone before us and prepared the way and I only have to trust and obey Him! How incredibly awesome is that?


It sounds pretty easy when I put it like that, doesn’t it? However, this isn’t a very small thing we are contemplating here and our home has been filled with a spirit of anxiety, fear, doubt, sadness and worry. I think we are moving past most of that and have reached a spirit of acceptance, trust and obedience. We have immersed ourselves in prayer, study and many deep discussions. Throughout the course of my studying and seeking God’s Word, the following verses really spoke to me and I wanted to share them with you here.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-control.

Hebrews 13:6 So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out all fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.

Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you.

John 15:7 If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

It is my prayer that God is blessing all of you in the little and big decisions that you make for yourselves and for your families every day!

Blessings,
Trudy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin